adventure254

« »

Friday, February 17, 2012

SCOUTS FOUNDERS DAY; NYERI


Besides music and literature classes, scouting is the only other thing I ever liked under the 8-4-4 system of education and confusion.
I remember dem days I used to be a Sungura scout. Like ‘religion,’ every mid-February (around 22nd – Powell’s birthday) of the year, I and fellow scouts from East Africa gathered in Nyeri to mark the Scouts’ Founders Day. At around the same time, there were other scouts gatherings in other parts of the world marking the same day. 
Scouts taking a rest
 All united in commemoration of Lord Baden Powell (and the likes of Olave-Lady Baden Powell and Agnes Baden Powell) founder of the Scouts and Girl Guide movement.  It’s over 100years since the scouting movement was founded.
Hundreds (scouts) have been camping at Kabiruini Showground with the culmination of the event being this Sunday.
This Sunday, about 30,000 boy scouts and girl guides are expected to attend the scout Jamboree and Founders’ day. Chief Scout Francis Ole Kaparo and Kalonzo Musyoka the patron are expected to grace the occasion.
*Salute* Lord and Lady Baden-Powell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Author

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...